- Ending a marriage is not ending a life. It is the beginning of a new life. You need someone who will help you get your fair share of everything. Justice is the method. We practice zealous advocacy by the Code. James Scott and his colleagues stand up for the rights of our people to the fullest extent of the Constitution.
- Righteousness: Encouraging others to divulge their assets, their income, and their debts. We don’t over-reach like we are trying to punish anyone. We will be the first to file, the first to send a settlement offer, and the first to ask for a trial when the foolish who don’t understand the law, or who don’t understand the rights of the kids, must be brought down.
- Mr. Scott pioneered the use of Code of Civil Procedure Section 664.6 settlement letters that lock people into settlement at mediation.
- Mr. Scott and his colleagues were the first to bring computers, scanners, and printers to the family courtroom to immediately process court orders, wage assignments, and judgments. This means not waiting ten (10) months for processing through the Business Office.
- James Scott has been in the trenches of Family Court for over 35 years. Mr. Scott has conducted over two hundred and fifty (250) bench trials and more than ten (10) jury trials.
- Mr. Scott has a history of obtaining verdicts for his clients. This includes outcomes such as a verdict of $750,000 for a victim of domestic violence, and providing a winning defense in a ten million ($10,000,000) lawsuit brought against a falsely accused man.
CONTACT US SO THAT WE MAY HELP YOU.
Mr. Scott and his legal staff are dedicated to providing quality in divorce, mediation and family law services throughout San Diego and Southern California. Now recognizing more than 35 years of experience and delivering legal services as a Board Certified Family Law Specialist, specifically in the Murphy Canyon area of San Diego, CA. If you’re looking for a divorce attorney in San Diego, our law firm will help you understand the different forms, processes and issues related to Family Law and the Divorce Process whether it be a complex divorce, spousal support issue, or a divorce mediation.
James Scott, of James D. Scott CFLS, has been selected to the 2016 list as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. NADC is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. Its mission is to objectively recognize the attorneys who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate.
Members are thoroughly vetted by a research team, selected by a blue ribbon panel of attorneys with podium status from independently neutral organizations, and approved by a judicial review board as exhibiting virtue in the practice of law. Due to the incredible selectivity of the appointment process, only the top one percent of attorneys in the United States are awarded membership in NADC. This elite class of advocates consists of the finest leaders of the legal profession from across the nation.
“My name is Milan Lavelle and I am a single mom of two young boys. I left my ex-husband in 2003 and went through four different attorneys before Mr. James Scott was referred to me by a civil litigation attorney in 2005. Mr. Scott has remained my attorney to this day, as I am STILL going through child support and child custody issues with my former husband. Prior to working with Mr. Scott and his team of highly intelligent and efficient assistants, I felt hopeless in my case because I lacked confidence in my attorneys. I was frustrated with their lack of time and attention to my case. I felt as if they really did not care about what my ex was doing to our boys and to me. Once I spoke with Mr. Scott, he made me feel as if I was someone who deserved justice and he was the one to show the judge that justice needed to be served in my direction! I found relief when Mr. Scott began to represent me; my stress level lessened… and that felt wonderful. Every member of his team at Scott Family Law is highly skilled at what they do. I have all the confidence in Mr. Scott, as well as his right hand man, Tom Kirby, and every person working in his law office. Divorce, child custody, and child support issues have all been heart wrenching and have taken a toll on my life; however, with the help of Scott Family Law, my spirits have lifted and some of that weight has been removed from my shoulders. I again have life; I can enjoy my time with my children and carry on my daily activities without being in total stress! My boys and I are fortunate to have Mr. Scott as our advocate!”
– Milan A. Lavelle